Nestled in a quiet, rural location within the historic Prestwold Estate in north Leicestershire.
Woodland and hedges border the burial ground, and a meadow of primrose, cowslips and oxeye daisy has been sown along with hundreds of native trees planted. Additional trees are being planted as more graves are used, to eventually create wildlife-rich natural woodland with wildflower glades.
Situated only 2 miles east of Loughborough towards Prestwold Hall and Burton on the Wolds.
Satellite Navigation Users
Use one of the locations below:
52.7813° N, -1.159832° W
1. From Leicester
• Head out of Leicester on the A6 towards Loughborough.
• Turn off to Barrow on Soar and follow signs to the village centre.
• At the roundabout near the village, centre follow High Street passing the shops.
• Turn first left into Cotes Road.
• Follow this road until you reach the T Junction with the B676.
• Turn right onto the main road and after about half a mile turn right along a track signposted to the burial ground. Follow this track and take the left fork when required.
2. From Loughborough
• Take the A60 Nottingham Road out of Loughborough.
• Just after Cotes Mill (on the right) take the right turn signposted Melton Mowbray B676.
• After about half a mile turn right onto a track signposted to the burial ground. Follow this track and take the left fork when required.
3. From Nottingham
• Take the A60 South out of Nottingham.
• As you leave the village of Cotes (outskirts of Loughborough) turn left, signposted Melton Mowbray B676.
• After about half a mile turn right along a track signposted to the burial ground. Follow this track and take the left fork when required.
4. From the A46 and directions East
• Take the exit at the Six Hills Junction of the A46 signposted Loughborough and Burton on the Wolds. Head West towards Burton on the B676.
• Drive through Burton and turn right onto Prestwold Lane at the T Junction.
• After a few hundred metres turn left to continue on the B676 towards Loughborough.
• After about a mile turn left onto a track signposted to the burial ground. Follow this track and take the left fork when required.
Postcode for Sat Nav LE12 5TE
Please note that some Sat Nav’s will direct you to the south of the burial ground and you will not be able to access the site. However the burial ground is signposted in all directions prior to this potential issue, therefore it is recommended that you follow signs once seen.
If further information is required please don’t hesitate to contact The Natural Burial Company on (0116) 222 0247.