Planning for your funeral
The coronavirus pandemic has resulted in an increase in people thinking about their own funeral. More and more people are planning their funeral service to ensure their wishes are met. This process can be extremely positive and comforting, whilst also reducing the burden for those left behind of trying to make the correct choices whilst grieving.
All of our burial plots can be chosen and paid for in advance. Be it woodland burial, interment of ashes, or choosing plots for all of the family. Our team are available to meet you at the burial ground, answer your questions and help explain the options available. The plot(s) can then be selected and paid for at todays price. Once paid the plot is secured, no matter how much the price of a plot increases in the future.
Our team can also help you to plan the details of your funeral service. Once again, this can remove worry for your loved ones and will ensure that your goodbye is exactly as you wish it to be – an elaborate traditional service, a themed funeral or the most simple of direct burials and everyone invited to the pub to toast your memory. We can help you to prepare a statement of wishes which can then be kept with your personal documents. We do not charge for this service.
There are many aspects that you may wish to consider:
- Vehicles – An Electric, Horse Drawn or Motorcycle Hearse. Or even a VW Camper Van or Morris Minor. It may be that you wouldn’t want a hearse at all. Many people travel to their final resting place in a family or friends estate vehicle.
- Shroud, Coffin or Casket – There are so many environmentally friendly coffins and caskets. Cardboard, Bamboo and Willow are just a few of the options available. Shroud burials are also popular.
- Music – Traditional hymns and songs can be sung. But also personal favorites can be played, pop, rock, reggae or classical. What matters is what is important to you. Recent services have included music by Queen, Status Quo, Bryan Adams and a 60’s mix. Also theme tunes to well known TV shows and films. We have blue tooth speakers so recorded music can be played. Live music can also feature and can be especially personal if it is family or friends playing the instruments.
- Themed Services – If something has always been important to you in life, it’s appropriate that this passion is also key to your goodbye. It can be as simple as everyone wearing a particular colour, or can be as specific and special as you wish.
- Simple Burial – You do not have to have a service at all. A direct burial is simple and cost effective. What you may consider to be a more appropriate goodbye can then be arranged. A meal or event for family and friends, or maybe a pub night for all to remember the good times?
- Caring for the Environment – Having a tree planted on your grave will ensure a wonderful, natural legacy. Also bird boxes or nature homes can help make a difference and encourage nature. A wonderful parting gift for the natural world and future generations.
You can also pay for all aspects of your final goodbye with a pre-payment funeral plan. Almost all funeral directors now have plans available, many of which provide excellent peace of mind. However, please ensure that you ask plenty of questions and get a quote first in order to ensure that you are taking the right plan for you. For example, make sure that you are not paying for items or services that would not be required. And how environmentally friendly is the service offered (for example coffin options)? If in doubt contact several companies or ask a friend for advice. We are also able to help you if you wish.
Planning your funeral in advance is practical and beneficial and does provide peace of mind to many people. We are here to help you and you are welcome to contact us at any time if you require further information. Helping you to ensure that your final goodbye is exactly what you would wish it to be. Removing additional stress and worry from your loved ones. And caring for the environment in death as well as life.